When it comes to the world of farm equipment, McCormick is among the oldest tractor manufacturers there is. These tractors are a common option due to the fact that they are both reasonably priced and versatile. The MTX 125 model of McCormick is an affordable and quality tractor that has good power and reliability.
However, this tractor also has some problems like electric issues, engine problems, and transmission problems. There are some solutions like clearing the oil filter, using a fuel stabilizer, changing spark plugs, etc. for these kinds of issues.
In this article, you will get to know more about those in detail. So why don’t you keep reading?
Problems and Solutions at a Glance:
|Problems with McCormick MTX 125
|Several cleaning and oil change
|Get quality oil, change spark plug, clean or change filter, rest mower, fix electric wiring
|The starter motor will not turn the engine
|Charge battery, change fuse
Common Problems with McCormick MTX 125 and the Solutions
1. Transmission Problem
If you are unable to drive the mower in either the forward or the backward direction, this is the single most reliable indication that there is a problem with the transmission on the mower.
The inability to generate an adequate amount of transmission pressure often results in jerky motions occurring in conjunction with a complete lack of forwarding motion.
The mower slowing down is one of the milder indications that there may be an issue with the transmission on the lawn mower.
This problem is typically caused by stale oil, which no longer possesses the essential hydraulic qualities to make the transmission work properly.
Occasionally, the MTX 125 mower will run normally while also creating an annoyingly high-pitched noise.
This can be really frustrating. This is typically a symptom of a faulty gearbox, which is brought on by a drive belt that has reached the end of its useful life.
Lastly, if you are driving the mower and observe oil stains on the ground or a pungent odor coming from the engine, it is possible that the transmission fluid is leaking.
Because the gearbox oil had leaked into the engine, the vehicle reeked of a foul odor.
If your mower is having issues with the hydrostatic transmission, you may want to try cleansing the system of air, changing the old hydraulic fluid, or putting in a new pressure switch.
Alternately, the broken drive belt could be replaced, and the origin of the hydraulic fluid leakage may be either sealed or replaced (depending on which option you choose).
2. Power Loss
It is crucial to become aware of the causes why your tractor may encounter a lack of power so that you may prevent running into trouble in the future and save yourself some time. Continue reading to learn exactly what these issues are. Here are some major reasons for power loss-
- Too much pressure: It’s crucial to keep in mind how tirelessly the engine is operating whenever you’re mowing the grass in your yard. If you overburden your mower, it could end up causing it to lose power because it would have to work even harder than it normally would. There is a possibility that you are running your lawn mower in conditions that are particularly demanding.
- Dirty air filters: Dirty air filters can also reduce the power of a lawnmower. The tractor’s engine requires air to function. The engine will need to work harder if the air filter is clogged. This can lead to power loss.
- Bad spark plug: A bad spark plug may cause the connection to cut off and it will create a power loss issue.
- Old fuel: The tractor’s carburetor can become clogged and lose power if the fuel is too old. When this happens, gum deposits develop.
- Clogged carburetor: If the carburetor is blocked, the engine will not receive the proper amount of fuel and will begin to experience a loss of power.
- Electrical problems: Because of a problem with the wiring, the tractor’s engine might not get enough power to function normally.
- Defective motor: Loss of power is a sure sign that your tractor’s engine is faulty. Overheating or normal wear and tear are only two examples of possible causes for a malfunctioning motor.
Power loss is a common trouble, and there are a number of ways in which you can try to fix it.
- The air filter in your home should be replaced if it has become filled with dirt or other particles.
- To keep the engine running smoothly, clean or replace any dirty or jammed spark plugs.
- Before starting to cut thick grass, make sure the tractor’s blade position is set correctly.
- A dull, twisted, or broken tractor blade has to be honed or changed.
- Afterward, switch over to the fresh gas and flush out the old gas.
- Take a look at how much oil you have left in the tank and if necessary, add more.
- Use a hose to clear any debris that may have built up in the gas filter, or do a thorough cleaning or replace it.
- Clean any blockages to the air vent and keep it neat and tidy.
- Try to take breaks after 40 to 50 minutes of use with your mower.
3. The Starter Motor will Not turn the Engine
The starting motor on the Mccormick MTX 125 was known to malfunction on occasion. According to some users, it didn’t operate at all.
This issue may be caused by a faulty fuse. The battery terminals must also be checked for corrosion if this is an issue for you.
The Mccormick MTX 125 mower also suffers from this issue when the battery is entirely depleted.
The starter problem may also be caused by a malfunctioning ignition switch or a faulty starter. Test the connections if nothing appears to be damaged.
Examine and replace the faulty fuse first. If the fuse is in good working order, go to the next step. Battery terminals should be checked for any abnormalities. The problem should be solved if the rusted part is cleaned thoroughly.
Charge the batteries if it’s entirely dead. When you can see that none of these are the source of the problem, then the switch is to blame. An ignition switch or starter is the reason behind it. Change them if necessary.
What Majority of the Users Feel?
Without any doubt, McCormick MTX 125 is one of the reliable mowers that has been released in the market for many years.
This mower has a fan base who praises it for its great features and good stability. Some people said that you can use this mower for a very long time without any major issues. They like the design and the durability of this mower. The engine is also a great factor for liking it.
Some other users said that they did not have a decent experience with it. After using it for some weeks there were power loss issues and transmission problems which were very annoying for them.
But, overall, this tractor is a great one made by McCormick.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much engine power does McCormick MTX 125 have?
It is powered by 130 hp which can provide great power.
What is the price of McCormick MTX 125?
The price of McCormick MTX 125 is around $37,314.
Is McCormick MTX 125 reliable?
McCormick MTX 125 is a reliable mower with a good engine and strong structure and frame.
How much does a McCormick MTX 125 weight?
The weight of McCormick MTX 125 is around 12020 to 13620 pounds.
McCormick makes great tractors and MTX 125 is one of them. It has great reviews and a good reputation for durability. But it is also known for some minor or major problems.
If you find any of those problems, follow the instructions that I have mentioned in this article and you will get rid of the problems. Have a great time driving your tractor.
Say hello to Afrabby – your go-to research expert turned gardening expert, lawn care aficionado, and a skilled lawn mower mechanic! With years of hands-on experience and a passion for cultivating lush green landscapes, Afrabby is your partner in achieving the lawn of your dreams.
Whether you’re seeking expert advice on plant selection, weed control, or optimal mowing techniques, Afrabby’s got you covered. Equipped with the knowledge to diagnose and fix mower troubles, your lawn equipment is in safe hands. Let Afrabby transform your outdoor space into a stunning oasis you’ll love to show off!